Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Dottery and Dinner

Saturday was a really busy day for us. It was jammed packed with lots of exciting events! Like Alex riding his bike (already blogged about here), a repeat house showing (which nothing happened-sigh), and sushi (already blogged about here). The rest of Saturday included dottery and dinner.

Yes you read that right- dottery. Its painting pottery- but we just dot it a lot instead of painting pictures on it. I have blogged about it before here. Wow lots of linking to other blogs in this post! :) Anyway, Bethany, Kassie and I had the opportunity to go paint..I mean dot pottery- dottery.

We had a blast. We got our caffeine, our item to paint, our choice of colors, and were ready to begin. We chatted the time away. Talking about everything girls talk about- life- you know things like home schooling, kids, marriage, alcohol, food, etc. It was perfect...well almost perfect. There was this birthday party that was going on the same time. I have NOTHING against birthday parties. I have been known to attend and throw many birthday events. This one however-YIKES! I felt sorry for the pottery workers. The two parental figures didn't keep an eye on the party. Kids were smashing cake in their faces. Kids were running around a POTTERY SHOP! Big no-no if you don't want things broken. Kids were screaming. It was chaotic to say the least. But that didn't stop our fun. We just tuned them out and talked to each other in outside voices.

Bethany and I dotted cups.

Kassie chose to dot a vase.

What I love about getting together with these girls (besides that they are both awesome friends and I love to hang out with them) is that they don't mind when I shove a camera in their face and click away. In fact, they do the same thing.

Sometimes I get a little self conscience when I start taking pictures of random or not so random things. So its nice to have other friends around who are doing the same thing.

TA DA! Our pre-fired finished products. I can't wait to see them when they are done!

I just threw this picture in cause I like that you can see how happy Bethany is dotting away. Plus I think my cup turned out cool. :)

That evening Joe and Kassie and Bethany, Annalie, and Debbie all came over for dinner. Bethany was kind enough to take over the dinner plans and even cooked it for us in my kitchen. If you know me at all you know how much I LOVED and APPRECIATED that. So thank you again Bethany!! It was delicious! As were the margaritas!!

The kids love getting together. They always seem to have a good time. They played in the sandbox....

They blew bubbles....

They swung their zhu zhu pets on swings...

And they even had a picnic.

By the end of the night, their feet looked like this:

The adults tried to get lots of awesome pictures of them....Joe and Bethany did a far better job than I did. In fact, click HERE to see some more really cute pictures and read more about our get together by Kassie. She has 2 of my favorite pictures on her post. One of all the kids hugging each other. And the other one is of Joe beating the boys at Mario Cart. And click HERE to see what Bethany wrote about it.

Its like the kids have paparazzi around all the time. :) They don't seem to care at all. They ham it up most of them time.

There was even a little wii playing.

What more could you ask for? It was a really great time! We are looking forward to doing it again- hopefully soon!

4 comments:

  1. Great job avoiding pictures of the crazy birthday party. I thought I was going to have to scream at those kids. (I guess I pretty much did!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carly you deserved a medal for that day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and full day! I had never heard of dottery before--very cool!-Rachel (Lyle) Hatch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Love the pictures, I'd love a copy of the one of all three of us that Carly took. And Carly, you totally deserve a medal, they were a little crazy and you kept your cool skillfully.

    ReplyDelete