Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My Love of Dance

Today's prompt is: Life is a work of art, or so they say. What beauty do you regularly appreciate/revere in your life? by Neha

Honestly, I was thinking of skipping the prompt again today. Life has been busy (DUH!! Who isn't?!?) But unfortunately things like this are what's getting neglected. I wasn't sure what I was going to write about until I read a couple of fellow Reverb Broads posts. Now I am completely inspired and going to be a TOTAL copy cat!

I love watching people dance. LOVE!! Especially when the dance tells a story. My favorite show is So You Think You Can Dance. If you haven't seen it- CHECK IT OUT!! So amazing!! There have been so many dances that have either made me cry- like the one Kent and Neal did- or super happy- like the one Twitch and Alex did. (Oh and then later that season Ellen got in on it!!) So awesome!

I have to say I am a HUGE fan of Travis Wall. He is amazing. One of my favorite routines he did was this one which he choreographed about his sick mother. It is really no surprise that he was nominated for an Emmy. He is also an amazing dancer- as seen here. Which was choreographed by Mia Michales- who is also AMAZING!!

I could go on and on...but I am having too much fun watching video clip after video clip of my favorite dances!! :)

2 comments:

  1. LOOOOOOVE Travis! What a find he was! And Mia. Her choreography is so...organic (I hate that word). It's just like what the music would tell you to do.

    I love that Ellen loves dance so much. She features it on her show all the time. So great!! The more dance on tv (minus Dance Moms. that show is EVIL in it's purest form) the better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Copy cat!!! ;) I am grateful and happy that so many people appreciate SYTYCD. One of my most favorite shows ever. And you have captured even more amazing dances through your post. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete