Monday, December 12, 2011

My Guilty Pleasure

Today's prompt is: Name and explain the one guilty pleasure you can't live without. ie: that cupcake shop you visit weekly, a book you repeatedly read to find solace in, etc). Then explore the idea of how you would feel if you gave that thing up for a year. By: Neha

My first thought was Chi Tea Lattes from Starbucks. I have always loved them but I think I have taken it to a new level this year. I seem to visit Starbucks a whole lot more than I ever have before. But then when I thought about giving it up for a whole year....eh. I can totally drink hot tea from home. No biggie. So that must not be it.

Then I thought TV. I am a TV addict. I LOVE me some TV shows. I watch WAY too much. And reality shows have been a favorite of mine for a while. And I am talking ALL types of reality shows- from the ones that I should be VERY embarrassed to admit watching (Rock of Love, Real Housewives, Ice Loves Coco) to the normal ones (Survivor, Real World, Biggest Loser) My all time favorite is So You Think You Can Dance. Wait, is that reality TV or a contest show. Hmmm....Anyway I also like the dramas (Parenthood) and the comedies (Modern Family). Like I said WAY too much TV. Could I give it up for a year? Makes me a little uncomfortable- but I think I could do it. So is this my guilty pleasure? Don't know.

I think the thing that I could absolutely NOT give up- although I don't think I would call it a guilty pleasure cause I have never felt guilty doing it- is listening to music. I listen to music all the time. And if I had to give that up- I would just get REALLY FAT! Yep, you read that right. REALLY FAT! Have you ever tried working out without music? It's horrible! I would also probably go into a depression. Music can totally lift your mood!! So I am going to count listening to music the thing I can't live without. And my TV (ohhh and my iphone- that is definitely a guilty pleasure- not giving that up- no way- no how!) as my guilty pleasure.

1 comment: