Sunday, July 4, 2010

A Fourth of July Tradition

Since the boys were old enough to enjoy the fourth, we started a family tradition of getting fireworks then eating ice cream afterwards. And this year was no different. The other day we all jumped into the car and headed to our favorite fireworks stand. This year Batman came with us. Alex totally cracked me up!! He wore that mask ALL DAY!!

We go to the same fireworks stand every year, mostly because there is a Dairy Queen right next to it. It's out by Valley if anyone is wondering. Plus as a bonus there is a gigantic Spiderman next to it that the boys find really cool!

We chose out our fireworks. And somehow they seem to get bigger and better each year. Which I have to admit makes me a little nervous. Playing with exploding fire doesn't really appeal to me. And letting my kids play with said exploding fire can send me into a panic. But I take a deep breath and smile. I don't want to ruin everyone's fun and I just nag and nag and nag about fire safety. :) With that said, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE watching fireworks. I just don't like lighting them. The males in this family LOVE, LOVE, LOVE lighting them. Win-win for me right?

We loaded up the car with our loot.

Then headed over to DQ for our delicious treats.

Zach chose an ice cream sandwich. He can be one of the messiest eaters I know!! And he seems to be proud of it! :) Oh well! A little mess never killed anyone right? And looking at this picture- it's really not that bad. I just remember it being worse. Probably because I was sitting next to him thinking "Please don't touch me. Please don't touch me."

When we were finished with our ice cream treats we headed home.....

...and had to try some of the fireworks out. We needed to make sure they worked. Right?

Alex lighting a smoke bomb.

Josh lighting a smoke bomb.

And we also did some snaps. You know, those fireworks that you just throw on the ground to make a noise. If you notice, that is Zach (in red) just dumping his box onto the ground. Sigh. Oh well, all the boys laughed and thought it was cool. And that is what matters right? And if anyone cares the little boy sitting on the ground is our neighbor.

Can't wait for next year when we get to do it all again. Happy 4th of July everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment