Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Reading Begins!!!

I love reading! That is clearly not a secret! I have my masters in Reading. So it does my heart good to see my boys learn to read....and enjoy it!!!

Reading comes easy to Josh and Zach. They are now teaching stuffed animals to read. It has been heartwarming and fun to watch!

With Alex- he can do it, it just doesn't come as easy to him. He compares himself to his brothers and has the "I can't do it!" attitude. Lately, Alex started to say he doesn't like books and that he couldn't read. We even had a meltdown in a used bookstore about it and it broke my heart. I knew I needed to fix that IMMEDIATELY!! We went to Barnes and Nobel and bought a ton of books on his level and his attitude completely changed!! Whew! He is now telling EVERYONE "I can read now!" and is reading to anyone who will listen!! He has even made a few phone calls to let people know he can read. :) It's awesome!

Needless to say I am a proud mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment