Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Hanging with Meggers

Meg is one of my dearest friends. She is truly like a sister to me. We met back when we were 16 at a birthday party of a REALLY smart mutual friend. I am talking smart like perfect score on her SAT smart. Meg and I are no dummies, but at this party, we were the two dumbest people. Over cake the other girls were talking about physics and things like that. At one point I asked Meg if she felt like she needed a dictionary to keep up. Ever since then we have been best friends. And please don't get me wrong, the very smart friend I am talking about is wonderful too! In fact, we still keep in contact as well. Anyway, I am off on a tangent and will try to get back to my original post idea.

Meg is in town for Christmas. (She lives in Denver) My family doesn't seem to travel much. DUH! Although, now that the boys are getting older, Matt and I are starting to discuss that idea more and more. Great I am starting to go off on another tangent! :) So, yesterday we spent the afternoon together. It was great to hang out. One of the things we did was exchange Christmas presents. This year I made Meg a blanket.

That evening we went out to dinner at Valentino's. YUM!! One of our favorite pizza places! We chatted away. At one point Alex announced, "Santa is the boss. He can do whatever he wants. The elves can't though." I love how a 5 year old mind thinks!!


Alex me Zach

This time they had cotton candy for dessert! What a delight for the boys....what a sticky mess for me!!

Alex

Josh
Meg was sitting next to Josh. I think she became a little nervous when Josh got his cotton candy! Quite frankly I would have too. He was a sticky mess! However when Josh got cleaned up they became close buddies again. ;) They even exchanged glasses for a little bit.

After dinner we came back to our place to hang out and chat some more. The boys wanted to watch Polar Express with Meg. So they all snuggled up on the couch and we watched the movie again for the millionth time. It was a nice afternoon and really great to see Meg.

Zach Josh Meg Alex

This is my day 4 photograph of 7 days. I have the BEST husband in the world!! This morning he went out to do some errands. When he came home, he surprised me with a chi tea latte (my favorite drink)! To me, this is way better than bringing me home flowers!
7 days: Day 4

1 comment:

  1. Who's party was that? I can't believe I hadn't heard that story about the party where you guys met...hilarious.

    ReplyDelete