Monday, August 16, 2010

First Day of School

Today was the first day of school for all of us....well, all of us except Matt that is. This morning was a little rough for me. The boys were excited but I was all weepy and sad. They are not my little boys or babies anymore. We are starting the next phase in our lives! After I cried a little bit, I pulled myself together and made it to work with no problems.

Here I am starting to teach again after 6 years!! My day was AWESOME!! I have a great group of kids. They are SO CUTE!! It was a ton of fun!! And Karen stopped by to give me a happy first day of school present. Karen is a really good family friend and was also my cooperating teacher. She taught me how to be a great teacher- I learned from the best!! It was so good to see her and it completely made my day!!

But before I left for work I took some pictures of the boys. Here they are on their first day of Kindergarten:

Alex Zach and Josh

Then Josh asked me if I would take a picture of his back pack. Looks like a little bit of a scene from cops...but that is ok you get the idea. :)

They are so excited for their batman and star wars back packs. And of course I took individual pictures too.

Zach

Alex

Josh

And Josh's backpack. :) Like I said, he is really into his back pack because he is all about Star Wars right now.

Matt took the boys to school and I begged him to take pictures so I wouldn't feel like I was missing out on anything. He said the drop off was chaotic!!


But they made it just fine. Had a little trouble finding Josh's locker but all in all it was ok.

I was lonely without the boys this afternoon. When the time came to pick them up I was really excited to see them and hear all about their first day. I had to laugh because when the bell rang all these kindergartners s-l-o-w-l-y walked out of the door, dragging their feet with their eyes half closed. It was funny. All of my boys were VERY tired....and still are. We have had quite a few melt downs so I think bed time is going to be early tonight!! They all seemed to have a really great day and LOVE school and kindergarten! So that makes me very happy.

Josh said his favorite part of the day was rest time. He got to close his eyes for a few minutes.

Zach said the whole day was "totally awesome!"

Alex said his part of the day was meeting new friends. Then he went on and on about this naughty boy in his class who got in trouble a lot.

So I would say we are all off to a good start! What more could I ask for?

1 comment: