Saturday, May 8, 2010

Graduation!!

I DID IT!! ITS OFFICIAL!! I GRADUATED!!! WOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!! I can now proudly say I have my masters in reading!!! YEA!!

Aren't these tulips beautiful? Meg, Bill and Linda sent them to me. I love them!! Thanks again guys!!

I didn't want to participate in walking across the stage. Been there done that....didn't feel the need to do it again. It isn't the same. I didn't know anyone else graduating with me. So its not like I would be cheering friends on too. Plus it was 2 o'clock in the afternoon so Matt would have to take off work and the boys would have to miss preschool. Which they would have gladly done if it had mattered to me. But I figured in a big crowd they wouldn't see me anyway. So my idea (which is WAY more fun) is that I wanted to walk across Coldstone instead. But then I started boot camp earlier this week and that didn't seem like a good idea anymore. I did not get up at 5:30 AM for three mornings this week to ruin it all with a really super yummy delicious ice cream snack. *drool* What I did for real was go out to eat with my family.

Larry (Matt's dad), Josh, Zach, me, Matt, Ronna (Matt's mom) and Alex all went to Red Lobster to celebrate. And to answer the two questions you may have: No Ronna and I didn't color coordinate. It just worked out that way. Great minds think alike right? And Josh and Alex have bears with them because they have the Adventure Bear this weekend from their preschool. They have to take this bear everywhere and then write about (I do that part) what they did all weekend. Cute idea...but Alex's class has some MAJOR mom overachievers!! His little book looks like a scrap-booking event took place. Don't get me wrong- I LOVE being creative but this seems a little much. Especially when Josh and Zach both had moms or dads writing a sentence or 2 and the kids drew a picture. Which personally is way cuter. I love seeing kids drawings! And aren't the kids supposed to be doing this? Anyway...back to my graduation....

I ordered a yummy, delicious margarita. A boot camp no-no- but how many times do I graduate? I guess this is technically my third graduation...but its my LAST graduation!! I felt a little guilty since our boot camp instructor was all like "NO POP! NO ALCOHOL! NO EATING OUT- for a whole week." But like I said it was MY GRADUATION!! Plus I ordered the small one. Its all about compromise. Right? And after a few sips all the guilt melted away.

We ate lots of delicious shrimp. It was so great to celebrate with my family. Without Ronna and Larry I wouldn't have gotten through my masters program. They baby sat while I had class sometimes. Plus they took the boys while I worked on my comps- and brought me chocolate and donuts to make it a little better. Ronna and Larry you guys ROCK!! Thanks so much for all your help!!

My graduation was all that I wanted it to be. To spend it with the people I love, eat a ton of shrimp, and not have to cook!! Plus all the "atta girl" I have gotten from my friends! It was perfect!!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations, sounds like a perfect way to celebrate such an awesome thing! Cute pictures too - love that that's the "small" version of the drink too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooooohooooo! Congratulations, SmartyPants! ;-) I'm very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awesome, you should be incredibly proud of yourself, Ms. Masters Degree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I want to hear more about this boot camp, also how goes the house selling?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a little behind I'm so sorry! I wanted to tell you CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete