Friday, January 6, 2012

June-uary!

Yesterday we had record highs! It was 67 degrees on January 5!!!! In Nebraska- that's crazy! Crazy wonderful!!! The boys are still on break so we decided to do something outside to enjoy this weather! So we went to the zoo! And it was awesome!


I have lived here all my life and have never gone to the zoo in the winter. It's nice! I would totally do it again! Especially with weather like this! No crazy crowds! Close parking! No sweating to death! All sorts of awesome! The boys are still into bugs so we checked out the butterfly/insect house. Watched a butterfly eat.


And then later the boys all begged to get their picture taken with the biggest, hairiest, (grossest) spider!


(((shivers))) And then they wanted his picture too. Ick! But it made them happy so what's a mom to do! :) We ran into a few people we knew. Including one of our neighbors! So we hung out with them for the rest of the time. It was great! We went to the gorillas. And they were ACTIVE!! Usually when I see them they just lay around scratching themselves or picking their noses. This time they were moving around. And it was kind of scary! A couple of them would run by the glass and pound on it. Scared the you know what out of us. One of them even beat his chest. It was scary cool.


We spent a few hours at the zoo then headed home- with the air conditioning on in the car!!! Never in January have I needed to do that! After getting home, Alex declared he was so hot he couldn't stand it and changed into shorts and flip flops. Not sure it was THAT hot but he was thrilled! The whole neighborhood was out so we all headed to the park for more fun! Do I know how to wear my kids out or what!?!? However I may have done too good of a job. They were falling apart by 6:30. We may have had a few rough moments. But it was all worth it! It was such a fun day!! Today is going to be another nice day although not record breaking. I have to admit I am a little worried that this may be the calm before the storm. But we will enjoy that calm while it's here! - Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Hi Katrina this Elliott's Wife Becky, i like all your pictures, my email is rebecapjacobson@gmail.com add me if you want to, have good day!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd never been to the zoo in the winter before, really!? Wow. It's the best time to go, I agree!

    ReplyDelete